SP The ultimate Competition Short Coarse Truck!
The most competitive Short Coarse truck available today! Race proven at the top levels of Racing world Wide.
The Ultima SC-R SP looks and feels light and agile next to the competition on the track. Its racing intention is obvious on how it fly's around any track!
The Ultima SC-R SP is the most up to date Kyosho Short Coarse truck and includes all the latest Team Kyosho upgrades. Big Bore Shocks, revised steering components, stronger ball differential and more are included. Bigger jumps, faster speeds with the newest brushless systems need even more strength and durability and the new SC-R SP delivers with the improved components for even more reliability than before.
Designed to be fully complaint to ROAR racing regulations this truck is ready to win and comes fully equipped with all the high end hardware required. Parts from the Ultima lineup were used by Factory Team drivers to choose from for the ultimate setup and balance for this truck with thousands of hours of testing and racing. The best parts were decided upon and included in this un-assembled kit.
Having all the competition level parts right out of the box saves money and is a good value if you really want to be competitive on the track. The Truck weighs in at only 2000g!
Short course truck racing has never been more dynamic with the advanced design
and performance of the new ULTIMA SC-R SP!
- Velvet Coated Big Bore Shocks - Kyosho is well known for silky smooth shocks and the new Triple Cap shocks included with the new Ultima SC-R SP are no exception. The shock body consists of three major components, a top cap, velvet coated threaded bodies, and a lower cartridge. The velvet coated shock bodies feature a threaded spring pre-load collar for quick and easy adjustment. The threaded adjuster features an O-ring that prevents the pre-load settings from moving, which ensures consistent performance from start to finish. The lower shock cartridge allows for quick and easy maintenance of the double O-ring seals. (KYOW5304GM & KYOW5305GM)
- New Slipper – New shape and material efficiently transfers the power through the drive train to the tires increasing the overall traction. Newly developed slipper clutch system new shape and new materials (KYOUM570/KYOUM571/KYOUM572).
- Rear Offset Mount – Balance is the essence of any racing chassis and the offset motor mount centers the weight of the motor giving the perfect side to side balance. Rear offset motor mount set (KYOUM523/KYOUM524).
- Bullet Proof Brace – A new machined aluminum front hinge pin brace (UMW519) allows the highest security in protection and durability.
- Tungsten Balls – Tungsten diff balls, long lasting, reliable and durable diff balls made from the toughest material currently available. (KYO97030)
- Hard Ball Ends – Hard 4.8mm ball ends for increased security in the roughest race conditions. (KYO97021H)
- New Servo Saver – The current race conditions requires even more aggressive turns and maneuvers. The strengthened servo saver is extremely reliable and will linearly transfer all the drivers steering commands accurately and will hold the position without any issues. (KYOLA221HB)
- Clamping Wheel Hubs - 6 contact points spread the load on the wheel to prevent stripping and the larger, flat mounting surface keeps the wheels running straight and true. With New Gun Metal color matching the SP scheme. (KYOLAW30GM)
New Parts at a Glance:
- Ball Differential Set - Includes an optional ball diff set (KYOUMW602) as standard equipment, which provides efficient traction transfer and precision adjustment to suit all racing conditions.
- Steel Sus. Bushings - Steel suspension bushings provide strength and endurance for aggressive driving and superior durability
- Revised Rear Hubs - Factory drivers have determined that only one of the hinge pin holes was ever used in the original RB5 wheel hubs, so the extra holes were eliminated for the new SCR. Combined with a new, more durable material, these hubs are not only much stronger, they're also lighter and the new geometry produces more stable handling characteristics
- Carbon Composite Chassis - The chassis plate is 40mm longer then the RB5 (2WD Buggy). Light and strong, featuring a specially formulated carbon composite for the best balance of performance and durability. Strategic braces molded into the chassis enhance the stiffness without adding any unnecessary weight. Separate front and rear clips allow fast and easy removal of the front and rear end of the car, which makes maintenance and repair much easier. Designed to accept stick packs and 2 cell lipo packs, the SC chassis features an adjustable battery mounting position that allows you to shift weight bias to suit track conditions and your driving style.
- Transmission - Features an externally adjustable three-gear design with an internal ball differential that uses standard 3/32inch diff balls and 1/16inch thrust balls. Includes tight-fitting molded dust cover to protect pinion and spur gear.
- Rear Suspension Symmetry - The arms are symmetrical so a single replacement arm can be used on either side of the car. The inside of the arms are attached to the chassis using separate suspension mounts, which will allows anti-squat adjustment. Vertical ball studs for both ends of the upper link suspension geometry can be fine-tuned with shims.
- Floating Axles - While floating axles ride in bearings that are mounted in the hub instead of the wheel, this moves the weight of the bearings inboard for more responsive suspension. The bearings are under less stress, and they're better shielded from the elements.
- Steering Assembly - The steering bellcranks are mounted on the chassis at the same angle as the suspension arms. This eliminates bump steer and produces more accurate Ackerman geometry throughout the entire range of steering motion. The steering plate (center link) features horizontally mounted ball studs, which means the Ackerman can be fine tuned by using shims behind the ball studs offering a nearly infinite range of adjustments.
- Captured Hinge Pins - A simple button head screw captures all the outer hinge pins of the Ultima SC. The rear inner hinge pins are truly captured between the suspension mounts, and the notched inner front pins are secured with a setscrew through the front suspension mount. This means that the hinge pins are much more secure and less likely to come loose.
- Universal Swing Shafts - The SCR comes equipped with rear universal swing shafts giving you maximum performance with no power loss.
- Teflon Sealed Bearings - 10 super high performance Teflon sealed ball bearings are included as standard equipment, giving you the edge over the competition.
- Hex Hardware - This high level race kit comes with all hex head hardware.
• Ball Diff Set (KYOUMW602)
• Velvet Coated Threaded Big Bore Oil Shocks Front & Rear (KYOW5304GM/KYOW5305GM)
• Universal Swing Shafts (KYOUMW601)
• Adjustable Hard Rod Ends and Tie Rods
• Steel Sus. Bushings (KYOLAW39)
• Teflon Sealed Bearing Set
• New Slipper Clutch System (KYOUM570/KYOUM571/KYOUM572)
• Rear Offset Motor Mount (KYOUM523)
• Machined Aluminum Front Hinge Pin (UMW519GM)
• Tungsten Diff Balls (KYO97030)
• New Hard Servo Saver Assembly (KYOLA221HB)
• Hex Hardware