The Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI3:
The most winning, most reliable, most durable most evolved and
best performing 1/8th scale nitro buggy available today. This is the
buggy that everybody envies and covets; other competitors’ factory drivers even
use MP9 parts on their cars as upgrades just to stay competitive! This is the
only buggy chassis available that requires nothing else added to it to be ready
to win any race in the world, right out of the box.
Why compromise? Drive the best!
The Inferno MP9 in this new TKI3 version has been evolved
even further than the TKI2 and WC (World Championship) version. Already almost
unbeatable on tracks everywhere around the world, designer Yuuichi Kanai, working
with Kyosho factory drivers came up with a few new ways to evolve and improve the
design to an even higher level of performance, reliability and convince.
Staring with a completely
re-designed forward battery mount radio tray that incorporates away to accommodate
replacement of servos from the top instead of having to tear down the entire assembly.
Revised steering servo geometry with repositioned servo locations also allows improved
servo performance and reliability over the previous design.
Next, the radio tray now has the option of mounting a
standard RX switch or using a blank plate for those who do not use a
conventional switch. Also incorporated is a location that is made for using the
popular KO PROPO electronic switch part #KOP60228.
Your transponder now mounts neat and low to the ground under the center section
to give you the best location for it possible.
On the front of the MP9 TKI3 there is a new shock tower
(stay) that has been revised from the TKI2 and WC’s design. The new tower has
been optimized for not only lightness, like the original shock tower but, also
has extra aluminum where it counts for additional strength. This is similar to
the WC version shock tower that was only available as a limited production part
but even better!
Furthering the durability theme, since not finishing is the
same as loosing, Kyosho has included new 91mm length heavy duty universal drive
shafts that have been thickened to 3.5mm. These are the optimum length, are
made from the optimum material and are still lightweight. The Kyosho drive train
is simply the strongest, most reliable and longest lasting in the RC industry by
This is the most advanced 1:8th scale buggy ever produced!
Kyosho and Yuuichi Kanai’s Infernos have won the 1:8th scale off
road buggy Worlds 8 times out of the last 10, many more times than any other
Kyosho’s commitment to the serious RC racer with a no cost, no holds barred attitude, have always paid off! Using the best materials available in the world along with incredible engineering and fit and finish, you will not find a more committed group of people behind you as an owner of an Inferno than the group from Kyosho!
The Inferno MP9 TKI3 is made entirely in Japan.
TKI3 Specific Features and new parts:
Completely redesigned radio box,
battery box and servo plate includes:
New Front Shock Tower:
Stronger Drive Shafts:
New Decal Sheet:
Features included on the Inferno MP9 TKI3 Edition
(Click on the part numbers for further detail):
Main Inferno MP9 Engineering Features:
- Re-designed more aerodynamic Body that improves down force and clearance for the Air filter system KYOIFB005
- Re-designed high flow oval Air filter system, KYOIF469 that now mounts to the center section. Requires New TKI2 Body for proper fit.
- Full Set of 7075 hard anodized suspension and linkage balls for weight reduction
- Threaded shock bodies instead of the original spacer style, front KYOIF471-01 and rear KYOIF470-01
- Harder and stronger outer rear hinge pins KYOIFW415 that are not as brittle as the MP9 TKI1 versions.
- Includes KYOIFW407 milled 7075 rear suspension holder
- Includes KYOIFW414 +2mm milled 7075 rear hubs
- Revised rear shock tower KYOIFW408B with 10 roll center adjustment holes and shorter medium length rear shocks, KYOIF470 for a lower CG and weight in the rear of the buggy
- Yellow colored suspension bushings, KYOIF442KY
- New longer lower kingpins and kingpin collars, KYOIF467 to add more reliability in a big crash
- Stronger and harder front upper arms to reduce wear and improve strength in a crash by adding material and harder composite, KYOIF428B
- Revised inner and outer steering balls that eliminate the steering tie rods from popping off in a bad accident; KYOIFW416 and KYOIFW417
- Foam dust cover, KYOIF475 for the steering servo saver to reduce wear on the pivot joint
- Includes KYOIFW401 7075 aluminum radio tray posts
- Includes KYOIFW402B wing stay 7075 aluminum post
- Black finish on all the turnbuckles, no longer gold in color
- New Chassis with matching Anodizing to the other aluminum parts on the car
- The new Chassis plate KYOIF473 is slightly more flexible for improved rough track handling
- Revised brake disks KYOIF468 for more consistent stopping power as well as lighter weight
- New lighter, stiffer and stronger Dish Style racing wheels KYOIFH004KY in Yellow
- Different spring rates (Light Blue) for the front and rear shocks, KYOIF350-714 for the front and KYOIS106-814 for the rear
- Special Tapered hole shock pistons KYOIFW405-138 in the front and KYOIFW405-148 in the rear for enhanced dampening action
- Revised Shock plastic parts set KYOIF346-05B
- New Fuel Tank KYOIF444B with re-designed fuel door pull and revised internal dampening that resists air getting into l
- Captured Hinge pins, no more e-clips
- Eccentric inserts for suspension block changes
- 4 positions for width changes on blocks
- Many more tuning options any other buggy on the market today
- Hex screws instead of Phillips
- Includes CNC 7075 machined aluminum steering knuckles
- Side guards that wrap around the car for more protection from hits and dirt. There is another feature built into the side guards that we will find out about later!
- Steering link on the inside of the chassis
- Steering servo squeezed into the center of the chassis
- Nylon locking wheel nuts
- Maximum durability with specially selected, high quality materials
Large Diameter Center Differential:
- To improve consistency in long mains the center differential has been increased in size by 5mm
- This increases the internal oil volume and helps the differential maintain consistency in 1 hour or longer mains
- The entire car and all its parts are completely manufactured in Japan to improve consistency in quality.
- Only 7075 aluminum is used
- Specially designed no-compromise composite plastics are used in the Inferno MP9. These composites are what make the Kyosho models stand out from the crowd and have been formulated over decades for maximum strength and durability
- Same goes with all the metals in the MP9 they have years of development behind them to ensure maximum performance and usable life
- A Kyosho may be more expensive to purchase in the front end but, due to the long life of components and durability of the design, the cost of ownership is much less than any other brand!
- Ultra-Light weight drive train components improve the responsiveness and crispness of throttle and brake inputs; this is the lightest, and strange enough, the most durable drive train available on a buggy today
- The smallest and most consistent differentials available in a 1:8th buggy, add to the light weight drivetrain
- The Differential outdrives are now lightened by machining and drilling them
- The Drive shafts are are made from lighter thinner and stronger Chrome Molly steel
- Differentials have been lowered in the chassis
- Smaller Bulkheads
- Overall the drive train is over 200g lighter than the Inferno MP777!
With all the information covered here, it should be quite obvious that the new Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI3 is the most advanced State of the Art 1/8th buggy today, and has the heritage and capability to take Cody King or you to the highest level of competition!
Length: 490 mm
Width: 307 mm
Height: 180 mm
Wheelbase: 325 mm
Ground clearance: about 28 mm
Track (v & h): 254 mm
Gear ratio: 11,7:1
Weight: 3,300 g